Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
72* LAST NITE AT THE TOWER - I GOT IN THE WATER 3 TIMES- THE WAS WAS GREAT !! WILL EDIT AFTER WORK..............

SORRY Cant edit the "the title" and remove the G.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Why torture me, man?? Wish we could have been there for some spade action, too!

Are you heading out this Sunday by chance, Jamie? Myself and my ex-Navy diver buddy who is also a spearfishing addict would be interested, if you want to make the trip out to the Tower. We can pay handsomely for boat fuel.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think we cn do that mister ! sunday sounds good- i will call ya tomorro or if you still have it call me - if not here it is 757 685 4811 jamie

·
Registered
132 Posts
do you want to try a saturday trip too. I am heading out of town sunday. I have tried several b-mails but I do not know if they went through

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they went threw, just checked them erik- sorry. i thnk saturday is gonna be a wash out with mother nature, you live closer than they do so we can play it by ear more. mako what time you think you would wanna be in town sunday ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I could leave here at 0500 and that would probably put me down your way around 0800. Does that work, or do want to make it later? What's the weather report?

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just called u back dude- guess i was rambling cause it cut me off !! anyway 0800 or any time is good w/ me just topped off the boat today at 220 bucks damn ! ya cant take it with ya !! lol

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RIGHT NOW THE CONDITIONS SEEM TO BE PRETTY NICE FOR SUNDAY AM.........

Tonight
SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 ft. Tstms likely in the evening. Showers likely. A chance of tstms after midnight.
Sat
SW winds 15 kt...becoming NW in the afternoon. Waves 2 ft. Showers and tstms likely in the morning...then a chance of showers and tstms in the afternoon.
Sat Night
N winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot.
Sun
N winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot...waves 2 ft at the mouth of the Bay.
Sun Night
NE winds 5 to 10 kt...decreasing to up to 5 kt after midnight. Waves 1 foot.
Mon
NE winds up to 5 kt. Waves 1 foot.
Mon Night
E winds up to 5 kt...becoming NE after midnight. Waves 1 foot.
Tue
N winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How deep do you all dive. I'm assuming free diving. Also, how deep are the fish and what kind of visibility do you all have for those fish?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes, we've been strictly freediving, and last time we were out visibility out there over the tug wreck was about 6-8ft, which probably isn't all that great. 30-50' viz does happen on very good days. The spades we stung were all at about 6-12ft depth, and that's about how deep we dove, or maybe a little deeper. Water was warm, 72 degrees. Soon we won't need our suit tops!

·
Registered
30 Posts
[Q]Mako993 originally wrote:
Yes, we've been strictly freediving, and last time we were out visibility out there over the tug wreck was about 6-8ft, which probably isn't all that great. 30-50' viz does happen on very good days. The spades we stung were all at about 6-12ft depth, and that's about how deep we dove, or maybe a little deeper. Water was warm, 72 degrees. Soon we won't need our suit tops!

[/Q]

Awesome. Whenever I get back home I will shoot many reef fish. Out here I'm sure the challenge is much more interesting because of the visibility issues and the lack of a barrier reef. Nevertheless, I'd like to try it out but am a little leary about bull sharks and all [sad]

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WAS DOWN AT THE BEACH A LIL BIT AGO GETTING HER A SUNDAY PAPER - MY GAWD THE SWELLS ARE 4 FT AT THE MOUTH OF RUDEE AND WINDS ARE 15 MPH ! GLAD YA DIDNT MAKE THE TRIP TODAY MAN !!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah, I was up here observing the wind while I was out on an errand and thought just the same thing! Glad I didn't go this time, we would have gotten the snot knocked out of us for nothing :}

·
Registered
331 Posts
[/Q]

Awesome. Whenever I get back home I will shoot many reef fish. Out here I'm sure the challenge is much more interesting because of the visibility issues and the lack of a barrier reef. Nevertheless, I'd like to try it out but am a little leary about bull sharks and all [sad]
[/Q]

Reef fish? Where's home? As for bull sharks, I personally haven't seen any yet, because we haven't been Tower diving yet. You should check out www.spearboard.com and the posts for the Florida Gulf coast and West coast areas :}

·
Registered
30 Posts
[Q]Mako993 originally wrote:
Yeah, I was up here observing the wind while I was out on an errand and thought just the same thing! Glad I didn't go this time, we would have gotten the snot knocked out of us for nothing :}

[/Q]

Home is Guam for me. Crisp Clear Blue Water. On a bad day, the water is turquoise. [smile]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts