Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Belive it or not, during my afternoon hunt something that would happen maybe once in about 1,000,000 blue moons happened. Out of about 200 decoys, one of my bluebills starts taking off like the barrel jaws dragged. So what do i do but chase it down. Now all of this is happening in only 3-4 feet of water. The first thing that came to mind was a damn strugeon has sucked up the weight and its lodged in his gill. Get to the decoy and there swims a damn striper. This striper has a chartruse umbrella hooked to him which grapped the decoy string. Now for the strugeon bit, where I hunt, the sturgeon have been found in a few gill nets. Big ones at that. I've seen some in person. I'm talking anywhere from 200- 500 pounds. Crazy day on the water.
One more day of war on the ducks. Just glad to see they have showed up for the last couple days. Cans, reds, bluebills, pinnies, and a few others mixed in.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Gotta know. Did you get the umbrella when you got your decoy :confused: :confused:

Mark
1999 Sportcraft 230 C/C

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
It is amazing where these fish are found. We run over tuna in the shallows sometimes to go find fish out deeper.

Would you call that a surf and turf dinner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts