Tidal Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Hey Reds

If you put together a little piece on how you fish these and shoot me a few pictures of them completed and or in steps of completion I can make it into an article for the Saltwater Section of TF. Will give full credit to you and give your biz a plug at the bottom. The articles get a lot of reads.

Brandon

·
Registered
161 Posts
Give him credit,,,, like he was the inventor of something??? um let me think about it for a minute,,, um NO.

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Worm,

Give it a rest man. No one is saying he invented the planer board concept, but he was kind enough to take the time to post the plans for some. Did you post anything to help others on the board? If so let me know, I would like to read it and learn.

Thanks

Brandon

·
Registered
161 Posts
Brandon
I like reading all the post on here, its great we all can share our fishing stories and the like. I will be the first to say I like to read post about what some other boat did, good or bad. You cant beat a good fish story.
Now, as for plainer board plans, and the like, why miss jo is posting plans is beyond me, but its his right to do as he pleases. Isnt he a capt or something?
Back in the day no one even used them, now they are the topic of all bay boats. I might add there was no problem using them till they became so popular with small boats. Hell, now DNR even knows what they are, not to mention the Coast Guard.
Now as for you brandon, give it a rest? Thats what I will be saying for the first 30 days of the season, beatin my head, against 20ft boats with 2 people on them with 150 cords with boards out. yes yes pleasssssssse give me a rest!
Now,,, something I can teach you,,,,,, hmmmm ,,, thinking,,,,,,I got it,,,,drift at Old Rock in front of Chesapeake Beach for spot and perch, but anchor at the Elbow, Beach Cove lump, Diamonds. Dont ask why it just works better that way.
There hows that?
Now before you get all high and mighty, remember, I do this for a living, you dont.
Have a great day. Worm

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Worm...so you think only "charter boats" should be allowed to use planers....?
Mike normally puts up the board plans every year........didn't think it was a big deal.......

·
Registered
552 Posts
What I think is the most important part about Planer Boards is being visible. There needs to be something published educating people about painting them white. When there is white caps, white Planer Boards disappear. Adding flags should also be a must.

Worm, this article will only benefit you.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys.

I didn't put these plans on here to start a pissin match, there has been enough of that about other subjects.
If you do a google search on planer plans there are 395 thousand hits, so I have not invented the wheel.....Just thought they may help someone.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Jumbo, did I say that? your right,no big deal. Lets have another round of fish stories, or tips. Lets see,,,, um,,,,when spot fishing, use real blood worms first then, once you have them going switch over to fish bites. Take a paper towel and rip in half and stick it in bag with worm to soak up blood, put them somewhere cold and turn them 2 to 3 times aday. They will last a lot longer.
Have a great day. Worm
Reds, I dont want to learn to make a wheel, but would love some upper bay hot spots and tips.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Saltwater Articles

Now before you get all high and mighty, remember,
I do this for a living, you dont.
Have a great day. Worm
Talk about high and mighty. You know what they say "If you don't like what you're watching, change the channel". Hope that's not a charter sevrice, won't ever get my endorsement, no matter how good the catching is, not that that would mean anything from a "pion" rec. like me compared to a professional like yourself.

What's wrong with giving credit in a specific article about a subject. It's done in the papers and magazines. If nothing else it would serve as a point of contact for other members if they want to back-track the design with questions or additional information.

Brandon the mroe organized the information, the better. BTW, any luck with ever getting the ORIGINAL trolling chart added to the Saltwater article on the new lines. Still not there and that's a hot topic. The original revised chart George provided in his article was better than the other ones with similar information. Also there were some other drawings in the original Saltwater article that you were looking into.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Worm, There is no need at all for your kind on here that start ****... Shut up and go fishing. Take it that you have a problem with Planer boards? So do 1000s of other people but we all have to get by and no sense in getting on Brandon or anyone else. Not only that the man has some Great plans for the boards:D :D

·
Premium Member
26,175 Posts
Worm-I hope you aren't the captain of a charter boat named "Worm".If you are-you may want to go back and erase alot of these back and forth bickerings.I'm sure potentail customers reading this will not book a trip with you.What about the original post got you fired up anyway ? There are at least 8 differant plans for boards out there-big deal.The fact they catch rockfish is why alot of guys use them.Face the fact-our bay is getting more crowded each year.We all need to share it.FYI: think before you type something rude-it can come back to haunt you.

I'm not a large guy-but my mother in law is.:D Skip

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Worm

You clearly have some good information to share with others that could learn from you. If you want to share that great, please do it it would we welcomed. If you just want to start trouble, please do not do it on these boards or your account will be suspended. There is absolutely no need for it.

Thanks

Brandon

·
Registered
158 Posts
The only thing I agree with Worm on is planner boards are a pain in a large group of fishing boats. Which is why I don't like to fish in large groups and usually go else where. I only put my planner boards out when there are few other boats around. I believe all that traffic puts off the bit so why bother fishing there. But give up by planner boards? No sir. They have their place in my boat.

·
Registered
134 Posts
WORM has the right to say what he thinks which is way better then most of the posters here. Sailfish27 aren't you the guy that saluted the World trveling sailboat when he didn't AVOID you? I have seen several postings on planer boards and their construction. Brandon seems to be making a plea for articles. Seems anyone could or should prepare one.
This board is way more fun when stuff is happening anyway I hate plain ole vanilla.

Wrom if you are the WORM charter I have no reservations about chartering you. I just don't like trolling as I am not a WINCH.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.