Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang,

Got to SPSP @ 6am to find the finger piers under water. Plan was to fish the westren shore hoping the land would break the west winds. Dropped lines at the radar towers and worked the 35' foot line. Found decent bait and good marks just could not hook up. By 7:00 the wind was howling and the waves really started stacking up. Heard the call go out for a 24' Roballo that was taking on water. Broke out the Binoculars and we were scanning but never seen the boat that needed assistance.

Today I had a " Green Horn " on board. Lets just say he was literally green. I have to go out and examine my t-top post because I swear he squeezed the pipe so hard he dented it:eek2: Some of the looks on his face would win you 10k on americas funniest videos. Had a rouge wave crash over the side of the boat and spray him pretty good. I thought he was going to find a way to run across the bay. I have never seen a man so happy to see land, I think he's still kissing the asphalt in SPSP:yes:

Hope to have better conditions on Friday, have to get that smell off the boat.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Interesting read Shawn; poor greenhorn may never go again. I feel bad for all the guys that wanted to fish this weekend and couldn't. It sure doesn't hurt the rockfish population so there is a silver lining.

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
Not much worse than being sea sick............other than sinking your boat. You should have told him to eat a greasy pork sandwich or a stick of butter! That will help:hysterical: Only remedy is the dock!............Gary

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gang,

Just got off the phone with my "Green Horn" and he's doing ok. He's looking for redemption.

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Thanks for the report:thumbup: Sorry you did not get into them, but those were some tough conditions. Glad you greenhorn has recovered and feeling strong again:))

Good luck later this week:fishing2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.