Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you are talking about running around all night or all day looking for fish then you are right about the boat, but if you do a little research, learn the water and learn the fish and go out with a focused intent then I would say it is the other way around, there is absolutely no way you can do in a boat with a trollling motor what you can do in a kayak. Even with a trolling motor wary fish will be put down or at least turned off by it. Is standing supposed to be an automatic advantage, I don't think so. It is a matter of vantage point and more often than not I have a better vantage point being at water level. Not to mention fishing is supposed to be enjoyable and like Tom said I don't think driving the boat all night is much fun. I have owned several power boats and usually took people fishing and I ended up driving all night while the other guys fished from my boat usually because very few could manuever properly in and around structure. I guess what I am saying is for what we do around here we are catching everything most people around here are catching, in some cases more, having more fun doing it and saving a butt ton of money.
CPR,
Chad

1 - 1 of 1 Posts