Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Salmo trutta, there is nothing wrong with a power boat or just a boat with a trolling motor. yes you can cover more water than a yak, but its a person choice. I can not afford a boat, with gas, insurance, upkeep and all the rest that goes with it (not to mentions college tutuion next year) its tough even for the average guy. I like my kayak. We can catch the same fish as most people with the exception of tuna, dolphin, sailfish, wahoo and other species (done elsewhere though, do a web search). But many of us have large fish under our belts. Chads 43 pound cobia off sandbridge last year, Kevin's 20+ red drum on the maryland side of the CBBT last year are a couple of examples. There are pics if you doubt it, but what it boils down to is personal preference or economics. So dont knock another mans choice, let him celebrate his way of fishing and you celebrate yours. After all, its about the exprience not the mode of transport to the fish that makes life long memories when fishing! Tight lines!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts