Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trolled lower potomac between #7 & #9 on sunday morning, lines in the water by 7:00, picked up our first fish by the #7 at 8:15, managed to stay on the fish and picked another one 10 minutes later and our third at 8:45. They measured up at 29, 30 & 30, we released the last one in hopes of picking up a bigger one. had another hook up at 10:30, lost the fish. headed in at 12:30 because my buddy had a long drive back to philadelphia and we were all pretty cold. i was really happy i could stay on the fish and pick up a few more. all the time and effort pu tin to trolling is starting to really pay off. all fish caught on chartreuse.

·
Registered
861 Posts
NNKJake, thanks for the report. We have been trolling the same area and catching the same size fish. The guys in the Potomac Tourny last weekend caught some 40" through 48" fish further up river. I may wonder up river next time out.

Mushy
"Getsome"
Carolina Classic 25

Boat is for Sale!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mushy--are you the carolina classic out there with the riggers? if so, thats a great looking ride. i was in the angler 21 w/a. We were thinking about heading further upriver, but it was windy and there was catching to be had right in our backyard.

most productive lure by far was a tandem rig with chart heads and cleartreuse flake shads. it was rigged on a somewhat whippy rod with braid, so it seemed to have alot more action than anything else in our spread.

Bring on the bigguns' in a week or two!

·
Registered
861 Posts
That was probably us. If you see us again give me a yell on 68 and I'll do the same. I have yet to pull tandems, don't know why. I think I'll put them in the spread next time out. Thanks for the advice.

Mushy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts