Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to work in the AM so I didn't get out until around 2:30 today. Ran to Sandy Point to start and heard from Jigginforstripers. He was about to wrap it up for the day and had caught 3 for the day. I stayed at Sandy Point for about an hour using fresh herring from Herb's on the bottom and got nothing. Temp was 50. I saw a bunch of birds around Turkey Point so I ran back that way and tried anchoring up in about 27ft with a water temp of 52.5-53. Dropped the Herring to the bottom and about 15 minutes later 1 of the rods goes off. Pulled in a nice 32" healthy striper. (Sorry, no pics as I was by myself.) Put the rod back out and about 40 minutes later it goes off again. 28" healthy fish. Both fish looked to be in good shape and were released immediately. Stayed around for about another hour and called it a night. It's slow but they are there. I also tried artificial's while the bait was out and didn't even get a swirl. (BA's, crippled herring, rattletrap, and bucktail with some herring on it.)

Anyway, it was good to get a day on the water. Work has been taking up too much time lately!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good talking to you out there today. Glad you found a few. Hope this cold weather coming doesn't last too long. I might try to tough it out later this week. Gonna have to work on the honey do list to get another pass. SWMBO, 7 months pregnant, a bit testy lately.:D

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Im splashing her Fri for a boat ride at the least. No bait here. Plan on working on the enflamed rotator cup for some exercise throwing the box at them. I'll have some Advil handy for that. Maybe snag a carp or something else if Im lucky. Been skunked enough times on the flats over the years, nothing to lose.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
nice job

the reports are getting better. Maybe I'll see some of you fellas out there Friday. Need to knock out some honey-dos and hope I don't need to be in the office.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts