Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing....... I threw the whole tackle bag at 'em (all artificial) from 8am to 2:30pm and didnt get a tug. Fished as close as they would let me to Sandy Point and then up and down Turkey point. Water temp 49 in the am to 52 by 2pm. Clarity was mainly stained and cloudy. Heard of two caught on herring.

On the plus side it turned out to be a nice day and for the first splash of the season, all systems on Bessie are in working order.

It was good to see so many like minded people on the water on a Tuesday. And only one Basshole!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Like the two distinguished fisherman above we earned a SKUNK on the flats today.
Tried all our usual locations including Sandy Point early before the patrol boat showed up.
We did take a run down to the C&D canal mouth and marked a bunch of big fish on the FF on the edges of the ship channel. Guess they are waiting for the courting mood to strike before moving up on flats in force !! Hopefully they will get horny soon !!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Very glad I brought the gore-tex today. That was about the only plus side to the day. Fished from 4 until the waves had me worrying, with only one fish boated - a 5" white perch foul hooked on a 6" BA. One of my fellow fishermen claimed to have had a hit (also on a BA), but I attribute it to an overactive imagination and wishful thinking. The dirty water is the culprit I'm blaming. Hopefully by this time next week the water will clear and warm up...

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Sorry all you guys got skunked today - but at least you were't sitting in the office like I was. ;-) Doesn't look like the weather is going to help things this week - rain, wind, and cold temps don't seem like the ticket to turning on the bite this week.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Only 3 on cut herring, up to 22". Threw a few bkd's and tony's, nada on lures. Water is too dirty, and fish aren't schooled up, very scattered. Pete and mytime caught some bigger fish, also on bait.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Chalk up another skunko for this fisherman. Fished from 10:30am - 2:30pm. Turkey and Sandy. Cut Herring. It must be Herb's herring cause it couldn't possibly be us! I kid. Those of you that did catch a couple, what part of the tide?

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
63 Posts
Looks like I'm in a big club. The first trip of the season was not very promising. Tried the same things you did Raythecrab with the same results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts