Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had our 1st trip of the season. Got home from the office at 8am. Got the family together and headed out to the Marina. As soon as we hit 45'-8 lines in by 11am. Hooked up with in 30 minutes on my char. umbrella w/ tandum trailers 12oz total about 120 back. Both trailers got hit and we had our 1st double right off the bat. Well needless to say my 15 year old son had alot of trouble getting line back and handed the rod to me about 20 minute into the fight. In the mean time the warden was having a hard time keeping the boat steady and decided it was easyer to go with the flow. Fish managed to get 2 of my other lines. What a mess. As both fish got near the boat, one slipped off and I managed to bring the other in with in a minute or so (42" and 32lbs):bigfish: . My 9 and 10 year old started getting sick, my sons girl friend was green, the warden as having a great time and I'm stuck with 3 rods down and a mess. Fish swam away and we headed in. 3' to 4' in the channel. 9 and 10 year old started kissing the dock when we finally got back.:clapping2:

George

·
Premium Member
26,172 Posts
Nice fish-shame your crew got sick.Try giving them Bo-Nine.It won't make them sleepy like Dramamine does.

FYI: Please hold fish that big with two hands.One on the jaw-the other under the belly/vent for support.:yes: Those Lip scales can really hurt big fish. Skip

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Family , That sounds like a great day to me , anyway you put it . If they get a little green aroung the gills it'll just make'em tougher ! It won't be long and they'll be driving the boat and giving you advice !

·
Registered
708 Posts
Nice fish and Great times with family. Even if they got sick it was still a memorable day.

FYI. Skip gave me the same advice about Bo-Nine for my son who hasn't gotten his sea legs yet. It really does work. You can pick it up at Wal-Mart right next to the dramamine.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
WTG - George,

Nice FEESH!

Teach them young'ns :D

In a few years they'll probably trying to give you lessons. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey great job.I love hearing about good fishing trips when I can't get out,but better than hearing is seeing. Great Pics:eek2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts