Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
only have a 4 rod set up,pulling umbrellas , tandem rig and a # 21 tony and a 9 oz parachute.i have a rod holder on either side of outboard in the back then on the gunwhales i have the other two , my question is where should i run the umbrellas and how far back. how long of leaders, thinking 15 feet or so

·
Registered
685 Posts
On your umbrellas run them off the back two rod holders. I would run 10-12 oz on 1 back 80 ft and 16-20oz on the other back 60ft. one white one chartruse. If you get more than 1 bite off the same color in short order change the other to match. as far as the tandems go I would go 6 ft and 12 ft on your leader length with the heavier rig on the shorter leader. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes that does help, i am using braided line to my snap swivel, then inline weight , here is where i was going to run 15 feet leader to the umbrellas, with my tony i was going to run maybe 6 feet from my braid to a 3 way, then say 12 ft with a swivel for my tony and 6 feet for parachute, ?????thanks for helping

·
Registered
757 Posts
Don't bother with leaders for the umbrellas - the stipers aren't leader shy. I run my line right to the snap swivel attached to the umbrella, unless I add an inline - which I add directly in front of the umbrella - hasn't seemed to bother the fish one bit. THe leader will make it tougher to bring in the fish - having to hand line in the leader can be tough with big fish. Much easier to bring in a fish without a leader.
Don't need the leader in front of the inline/3 way on the other lines either. Go from braid to the inline to the 3 way. Your 12' and 6' leaders sound good. Would recommend that your swivel on the Tony spoon be midway on the leader. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.