Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked in with Capt. Kelly on the Rock SOlid. Looks like they mustard up a few on the eels this week on the OI shoals. Rock Solid Fishing 41#er way to go Aaron.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Nice fish.....sending up a prayer already for the next unexperience angler to loose his boat or maybe life trying to do it like the pros....happens ever year......

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Bill,

Man, I would never venture into those shoals in a small boat. I was tossed out of a boat when I was 13 in heavy shoals (up in NJ) and it was Summer time. Cured me forever of wanting to drift through that kind of stuff.

Glenn

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
A buddy and I had our boat flipped there (OI) back in the 60's. Two 16 year old kids who thought they were invincible get a dose of reality that day.:eek2:

Dennis:))

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hear taht, I was 16 when I almost flipped my 16' under the OI bridge. I too was young and invincible. Luckily the wheel was cut all the way into it when I fell into the throttle!:eek2:

·
Registered
252 Posts
OI might be seeing alot more catches like that one if these cold temperatures continue. I saw on the news earlier that forecasters are calling for the coldest December in years. And with the temperatures we have been having around here lately the water temp around the bay has been rapidly dropping. We might have gotten spoiled with the last couple of mild winters we have had and good fishing into February. Only since the last couple of mild winters have the fish stayed around Virginia most of the winter. Before that it seemed the docks of OI were loaded up with nice stripers coming in and all the big charters from OI were booked up to chase them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts