Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12/10 We were in the water at 8 ish, stopped to investigate at 42 on the way down the bay. Two hours and we kept pushing south, stopped at 35 area where some birds were working ( they were teaming up with the loons as the loons pushed the bait to the top, the birds would get the bait. We and others thought the birds were circling fish pushing bait, but I saw the same thing at 62 two weeks ago with the loons so we only stayed a while). Headed to Plantation light area about 12, stayed an hour, then started to run back North. Got a 20" fish at the 35 area, then ran again to 42 and dropped lines in the channel and ran across the drop off between the Cell and 42. Hit the GPS for my best flounder spot and boom - 40" hits the WTFB chartreuse stretch. It was in the top rod holder and one of the my guest went for the rod as he was next man up and he slipped on the floor and the other guest almost stepped on his back getting the rod off the top rack. Consicence won however and he handed the rod back and even wiped the footprint off of the back of his comrade's -coat. Ten minutes and miriads of sage advice later, we knocked the fish in the head not once, not twice, but three times for good measure and brought him aboard while I was saying nasty things about the net man (which I immediately took back as he hit the deck of the boat.) I am still not sure how they picked this netting technique up from me as they had never seen me do my patented net release before....

Picked up another 24 on the Chartreuse stretch WTFB and headed in the barn. Great day on the water and got one big one. Heard reports of others throwing back 36" fish near 36 A, they waited for us to leave before the turned on I guess.

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II

[grin]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for the report Dave. Congrats on the 40. We hope to get out a day or two next week if the weather is ok. Probably will try down that way.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck BT - we really tested how well hooked he was ! It all worked out this time though.

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II [grin]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Feeshon, that 40" fish was nice... I was the guy with the 23' Sea Hunt at the marina. I think we both ate well that night [smile]

·
Registered
108 Posts
Caught one at 36" and lost one larger at plantation light Monday with Capt. Andy on Big Daddy.That was it for the day.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Coolhand - yeah, but you were the guys with the gotta throw back 36" fish problem - nice job finding them that day.

Feeshon

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kevin - tried to raise you but it seems like you may have been back across to the other side by the time I heard you being called. It's been a very lucky month.

Feeshon [grin]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts