Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran thru the 4 footers to chase the somewhat elusive ( so far this season ) flattie. First drift 24" 5 1/2 pounder - thought we were in for a banner day. Guess we just should have turned around and gone back in - next three hours, dirfts were perfect, nothing but the croaking ones. Great day on the water and a couple of nice fillets made the trip down and across from Deltaville worthwhile. Flattened out later in the morning, was pretty nice ride back. Did not hear much chatter about the flat ones near this area.

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II

·
Registered
770 Posts
Thanks for the report.
Been mostly slow all season.Where have the flatties gone?Are they there in #'s and just not biting?
Hope it turns on by next Monday.That's when I start my vacation search for the flat boys.If I can't find them ,I'll turn my search to the deep blue waters of offshore.
I read the other day that it has been more citation flounder this year than this time last year.Maybe I can add to that next week.[grin]

·
Registered
170 Posts
If ya'll could only catch one that was a nice one. I'm gonna try friday for the flounder and possibly the spades if the cell isn't crowded. [grin]

·
Registered
89 Posts
was at the cell saturday afternoon (july 2nd) for about 3 hours until the storm chased us back to deltaville.

(actually, we ran southwest to new point comfort on the edge of the storm, waited in davis creek for a while, and then proceeded to get our a$$es kicked by 2-4 footers out of the northeast all the way back to d-ville for over an hour in my buddy's small center console! OUCH!!!)

for all the work, i got one lonely croaker in my freezer.

no flat ones, didn't see any flat ones being caught, slow fishing even for croaker while we were out there ...

oh well ... that's why they call it fishing, i guess ...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kevin - still eating flounder tonight - cooked french style ( OK, I don't klnow what that means but my wife does ) served with Makers Mark and Ginger. Life is good. Back out Saturday on a couples trip loaded for bear.

C'mon BT, give up that report.

Feeshon

[grin]

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Dave,

We have been filling the freezer around the Hampton Bar & Thimble Shoals Light over the past few weeks. Maybe you to go south young man???[wink][wink][wink]

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You got it - if we don't see a bite at the Cell, I'm heading to the honey hole at Fisherman's or 36 A area. Back River looking pretty hot right now too, but's it's close to 40 miles. This year is testing my Deltaville boat location.

Hope Sandy gets a citation this weekend - I'm taking my good luck charm - my wife Amy. Works every time, I just have to stay out of the way when the rod goes off.

Feeshon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts