Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me where the 4A bouy is located. I thought I had been there before but I also thought is was in the bay?

Also how far off shore are the yellow cans off of Cape Henry? I have no radar and only a
hand held GPS and I am not looking for a coupon.

·
Registered
750 Posts
4a bouy is ~ 2 miles s/se of fishermans island (ocean)

yellow can "NCD" is just a tad over the 3 mile line < 100 ft.(according to my blue chart)

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Mr Miles, 2 mile doesnt sound right to the 4a, seems like its further. Also, what is NCD bouy? whats that stand for?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hey CC- you are right , it is closer to 5 miles se of fishermans island (i was way off) but it is 2 miles out from the bay/ocean line though or 1 mile inside the 3 mile line (if thats how you want to look at it). I dont remember what "NC" stands for however it is part of the "TSS" or traffic seperation scheme bouys for incoming and outgowing shipping - outgoing and incoming keep the bouys off their port side. craig-

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Buoy 4 is approx.1nm from Buoy 6.
Intersection from the dividing line of the Bay & Ocean near Buoy 6 to Buoy 4 is approx. 1.1nm.
From the dividing line at Fisherman Island to Buoy 4 I show approx. 3.1nm
Regards

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Take a quick look at your chart. It is located almost due east of the 4th island of the CBBT--several miles. It is also just inside the 3 mile limit for striper fishing purposes.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Miles, that sounds more like it, and you also cleared something else for me, ive allways thought the 4a was about 1mile OUTSIDE the line not inside, forget where i heard that and just took it to be true ,coulda been costly mistake for me.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Chuck, thats just to dang many facts for my small mind to absorb at one time, what are ya tryin to confuse me for:) .

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Hey CC- you are right , it is closer to 5 miles se of fishermans island (i was way off) but it is 2 miles out from the bay/ocean line though or 1 mile inside the 3 mile line (if thats how you want to look at it). I dont remember what "NC" stands for however it is part of the "TSS" or traffic seperation scheme bouys for incoming and outgowing shipping - outgoing and incoming keep the bouys off their port side. craig-
Howdy,

(NCD) The NC stands for North Chesapeake Entrance. They have 5 North Chesapeake Entrance locations. (marked by buoys) A through E. The D entrance is the one you are speaking of. (NCD lighted gong buoy)

Dennis:)

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
ccx2,
Certainly not trying to confuse you but hopefully being helpfull.:D

I know the dividing line between the Bay & Ocean doesn't show up to well on handhelds.The 4a is the 4th Buoy ocean side of the CBBT High Rise.

The dividing line between the Bay and the Ocean is approx. .1NM (up towards high Rise) from buoy 6 and from buoy 6 to 4 is approx. 1nm.
Buoy 2 is just about on the 3 mile line.
Regards

1 - 13 of 13 Posts