Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Great post. It's good info to hear about the bad days as well as the good. At least you were using your head and making safe calls, instead of being ruled by your obsession. :)

Hoping to hit some shore-entry when I'm down in Corolla end of August. Would love to hear from anyone who knows the details of how and where to go, and will post a report.

BTW - Todfish, Mako993 and I are planning on hitting the CBBT on Saturday, July 23rd. Say hi if you're around, but we might have divers in the water, so hail 'Distraction' first.

·
Registered
176 Posts
So far Todfish, Mako993 and I are still on for Saturday AM at the 3rd and 4th. SeaPro with aqua Bimini Top flying a dive flag on a big PVC pole. Spearo - you planning on scuba diving or freediving?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nope. Never used fiddlers for bait. You don't need bait. Just go down and stick 'em! :)

I guess for the non-swimmers, they need some bait, but I can't help ya there. A post on the regular forum would do the trick, I bet.

Well, we'll see you out there! Maybe we can make a bit of a floatilla to use the boats to help protect the folks in the water? I swear half the people out there don't know what a dive flag means. I was in the water when a boat cruised by...I was waving them away...like pushing them away and they just waved back. Fortunately we didn't have any other divers out that far, but still...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've got a VHF on-board. We monitor 68.

Planning on bringing tanks tomorrow and not just freedive. I'd like to get further away from the rocks, into the sandy bottom where I might stick some Flounder. Have you ever done that out at the islands?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.