Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search this online, but couldn't find the specifics. Where can I get a Delaware beach access permit for my Maryland registered Jeep in the Lewes area? What is the permit fee? Is there a site where I can study the regulations, calendar, required equipment, etc. Thanks,

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Permit holder

I got my permit at the Delaware Seashore State Park, 130 Coastal Highway, Rehoboth Beach, DE you buy the permit in the gift shop right next to the Indian River Life Saving Station and Museum. $130 for my out of state permit that includes unlimited admission of the Jeep and all occupants to all DE state parks. I also received an instruction pamphlet that advised that you need a jack, board, tow rope, and shovel, and fishing equipment. They also have maps of all the access points on the DE coast. All you need is your registration, a vehicle that has sufficient ground clearance, and the $130 (mastercard/visa accepted).

My brother in law (ex) and I rode up the beach and entered near the Biden Environmental Training Center in Cape Henelopen State Park. We air downed the tires to about 18psi and had no trouble running on down the beach. We saw one other vehicle north of us and what appeared to be recent tracks, but it was pretty quiet on a Thursday.

The Delaware Mobile Surf-Fishermen, Inc, (DMS) in partnership with the State Parks present a Beach Driving Clinic for a couple of hours in April, June, July, and Sept. I am going to do my best to make the June session as I will be working as a mate for the Chesapeake Bay Trophy Striper season in April. The air fill stations are at the as you come off the beach, and were empty this time of year.

I think I may invest in some Shauns deflators for the air down process and would welcome any additional recommendations from you experienced guys. I am really looking forward to fishing the surf on a really beautiful strech of beach.

Tight lines,....jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts