Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
350 Posts
Channel cats Andy. The one I caught was on a beetle spin.

·
Registered
11,793 Posts
I've caught more than enough on beetle spins. Sometimes that's all I catch when they're in on anything that spins. Wait until you start catching the bigger Blue Cats on ultra light spinning gear. I just pull them lose by straightening the hook rather than spend an hour fooling around with getting them in. You can tell when you have one of those things on .Watch your rod tip..It will pulsate up and down when they swish their tails back and forth .When you learn to detect that pulsation of the rod tip. you'll know you have a Catty on before you see it . I use a hook out if I can't straighten the hook . Their lips are like a rubber innertube. . . Sorry to hear that. Hang in there Andy, maybe tomorrow you might catch some nice yellow perch and pickerel. Then again, maybe not with the Cattys around. They'll beat all the other fish to the bait, Now you know what I have to put up with.. Trash fish Take the gulp off until they're gone. Fish with your grape flavored elastic worms and settle for Wide Mouthed Bass. The other trash fish

1 - 6 of 6 Posts