Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
359 Posts
I Googled it Andy and all that came up was real estate.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised, 1st or 2nd week of May is when they usually show up near JFK every spring from the south, looking like anorexic runway models, big heads, skinny as all heck, nothing a few bunker won't cure...

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Andy something is amiss. I'll bet the park hasn't even been open this week. The beaches are very torn up.

Bring up report, take screenshot post screen shot as pic.
I talked to the guys. I ask when did this happen. They said yesterday from the beach and the pier. The park is open.https://www.facebook.com/LHVBaitTackle

·
Registered
11,799 Posts
I went there years ago. I got there early and there were only a few of us there. The bite was slow . Then, later in the morning, many locals arrived with their lawn chairs, ice chests, and fishing rods. Not long after, all hell broke loose when the schools of Bluefish arrived and just about everyone was hooked up. About 2 hours later , the bite stopped and all the locals got up and left together. They knew the exact tide time to start fishing together and when to leave together. They would all do this every day during the spring Bluefish Blitz . Then the same thing would happen when the Sea Trout and Flounder would run. They had the tide times down to a science. They all knew each other and fished together almost every day.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
359 Posts
I used to go over there in the spring for the big Yellow belly Spot run.

·
Registered
11,799 Posts
Lets try this. Lighthouse View Bait & Tackle Rob, you can believe me when I post something. The experts don't always get it right. The park is open and the blues are hitting. Are you going to give it a try?
I fished with Capt Eric Burnley when he was a writer for the weekly Fisherman magazine and Captain out of Virginia Beach. He and i ran 55mi. to the southern Tower in NC. to fight 55# Amberjacks until we were exhausted . I would consider him an expert.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
359 Posts
Lets try this. Lighthouse View Bait & Tackle Rob, you can believe me when I post something. The experts don't always get it right. The park is open and the blues are hitting. Are you going to give it a try?
I wasn't questioning your truthfulness, I was merely saying that the Google search turned up nothing. Googled Lighthouse view and got the real estate. I didn't realize that it was a tackle shop. I know alot of pelagics stop by that area coming and going from Blues to Bonito.

Reactions: andypat

·
Registered
217 Posts
Blues running hard from Indian River to Cape; the best fishing being done by Dolphins. A school of Blues tried to escape in the face of a wave then a Dolphin flew out of the face of the wave with a blue fish in its mouth.

If Andy's famous green bucket was on the beach the Dolphin would have tossed in it.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Blues running hard from Indian River to Cape; the best fishing being done by Dolphins. A school of Blues tried to escape in the face of a wave then a Dolphin flew out of the face of the wave with a blue fish in its mouth.

If Andy's famous green bucket was on the beach the Dolphin would have tossed in it.
Choptank River, I am out of action. I have a really bad cold and cough. First cold I've had in many years.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts