Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late report...

Sunday AM 5/24 , trolling boards and 13 rod spread of BFG 6" and 4" tandems , and smaller bucktails w/spinner tandems, 2 umbrellas on downriggers, all caught fish.

Down around TPL on edge caught 2 19" throwbacks right off , worked around the ships and slow action with a few 16-18" fish.

Then headed over to the E side ~10am when things went crazy ! Tons of bait, tons of marks , and in 2 hrs landed 8 more fish.

Best part was the first was a healthy football 24" , in the box, followed by a 36" fat fighter, in the box ! best fighting fish of the season. The fish actually put up a fight, a good long Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, with many pulls on the drag in the way in, then with many runs after getting near the boat. (unlike the dead weight trophy fish earlier in the season) .

I was fishing solo with my limit in the box, but I was in an area , by myself, with an almost completely black sonar screen !!! I circled the area catching and releasing 6 more 18-26" fish till 12:00, the time I set as "I won't spend all day fishing dear" time. I really should have stayed because the area was packed with bait, rock, the wind had calmed down, nobody around me, and the fish gods were looking down on me !

·
Registered
166 Posts
Haha!!! (I set as "I won't spend all day fishing dear" time) Glad to see I'm not the only one with this rule!

Late report...

Sunday AM 5/24 , trolling boards and 13 rod spread of BFG 6" and 4" tandems , and smaller bucktails w/spinner tandems, 2 umbrellas on downriggers, all caught fish.

Down around TPL on edge caught 2 19" throwbacks right off , worked around the ships and slow action with a few 16-18" fish.

Then headed over to the E side ~10am when things went crazy ! Tons of bait, tons of marks , and in 2 hrs landed 8 more fish.

Best part was the first was a healthy football 24" , in the box, followed by a 36" fat fighter, in the box ! best fighting fish of the season. The fish actually put up a fight, a good long Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, with many pulls on the drag in the way in, then with many runs after getting near the boat. (unlike the dead weight trophy fish earlier in the season) .

I was fishing solo with my limit in the box, but I was in an area , by myself, with an almost completely black sonar screen !!! I circled the area catching and releasing 6 more 18-26" fish till 12:00, the time I set as "I won't spend all day fishing dear" time. I really should have stayed because the area was packed with bait, rock, the wind had calmed down, nobody around me, and the fish gods were looking down on me !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts