Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5/9/22 I checked out the shallow water white perch this morning. Impossible weather conditions for me to catch fish in this area. Very strong wind, extra high tide, Water over the docks and water on some streets. It felt really cold in that wind. I tried about an Hr. then gave up. No fish today. Maybe next week.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My son and I fished one of the upper bay rivers Saturday. We motored over to the other side of the bridge and tuck in behind a piling and it wasn't bad. We were after channel cats and caught our share. It beat sitting on the couch.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I fished in Weems Creek this afternoon looking for shallow water perch. In 2.5 hours, zero bites. I guess the cool weather is slowing down their arrival. Water levels were high, and the water was muddy.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fished in Weems Creek this afternoon looking for shallow water perch. In 2.5 hours, zero bites. I guess the cool weather is slowing down their arrival. Water levels were high, and the water was muddy.
John I caught two shad at the marina while fishing for bluegills. I don't know how many shad are in the creek. No one fishes for shad in this area.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
352 Posts
We're gonna hit the reefs in The Little Choptank Friday weather permitting. I ain't built for 30mph winds and rain in a 16' Jon boat. I don't even wanna know what The Susquehanna looks like right now not to mention all of the crud and logs in the water. :oops:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts