Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, I am looking for a manual/parts list for an older Sea KIng made by Gale.

The model number is gg18732a-from what I can gather on the web, this makes it a 61 or 62 vintage. Trying to find a water pump assy for it as well as a few other parts. It was given to me by a lady whose house I installed hardwood floors in. I do know that it runs as I started it on the ear muffs, but saw zero water from the pee hole,. so shut it down real quick. Anty info on this motor or a manual for tit would be great. Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Dan
tried to send youa bmail but yours is not activated

That motor is not designed to run on mufs..the lower unit needs to be submerged , the water intake is located under the cavitation plate & aft of the prop--you will a see a screen there.
that motor was most likley made by omc and some but not all old omc parts are interchangeable with gale/seaking.
without seeing the motor here is my best guess as to what year omc will interchange ( I am assuming it is a shift model with the starter rope on top of the flywheel) try a johnson model cd18 or cd 19 (also a 1961-62) water pumps are still available for these.

some older OMC dealers used to have X reference books that would cross reference seaking-gale-johnson/evinrude

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, rj. The motor is down at my folks house in grasonville, so can't just run out and snap a few pics, but I wqill be down there this weekend, so I'll see if I get a few.
Now I feel like an idiot for trying it on muffs!! Before I disasseble, i thinkl I'll run it in a trash can full of water, just to see if it is picking up. Either way, it's probably the orig water pump as this lady is in her sixties and it was her fathers, and he passed at least 20 years ago, so it's been sitting in her basement since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts