Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished this evening out of Breezy with Rich (Coach23) and his friend Dan who is visiting from Cape Coral, Florida. Really wanted to get Dan on some fish using light tackle especially since I think he's going out trolling tomorrow. Since I'm also looking at a big weekend upcoming, I spent some time recently in the Jedi lab on the swamp planet of Dagobah cooking up a new jig head design. Here 'tis. Introducing the Kandy Korn Big Shaky Eye. :D

I tell you what fellas, these things catch everthang! :D Those eyes don't just shake, they rattle & roll too! Rich said he didn't give a dern about a silly ol' rockfish. He was casting for flounder. This one went 20 inches.

I wrapped a 10 inch grape BKD around mine, and caught this spawned out fish.

Then, we started shad fishing. I think this one came all the way down from the Patapsco to chase that jig head. Look, he was hooked in the mouth!

Then, I forgot to get a picture of the toadfish Dan caught or the herring. But that herring was the perfect size so I suggested he take that piece of rubber off his kandy korn big shaky eye jig head and hook it though the tail. He did and that poor lil' piece of rockfish candy didn't last 30 seconds before he got ate up. Danny got some cell phone pics of this one to send to the guys back in Florida.

So, I guess the new design is a success. To be honest, it was actually a very tough evening fishing, the worst I've had in the mid-Bay since February. But we still got some good fish and had a great time with the lightsabres. Heard some of the other LTJ guys were out trolling today........ hmmmm.

·
Registered
156 Posts
WTG

Awesome shots Shawn. You never seace to impress !:thumbup: So when do those candy corns hit the shelf and I tell you what that is a great Idea with the eyes Jedi Master :cool: what size shads were on those jiggies?

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Sahwn I'm ashamed to say I have been trolling........:helpsmilie:
Gonna do the LT thing before I troll today!.........:clap:

·
Premium Member
26,440 Posts
If you had any real fishing rods on that boat-you could have live lined that Gizzard Shad :yes:. That is a perfect "Bubba" bait.

Cool deal on the Flounder :thumbup:- and with an east wind :eek:- I bet it was bouncy.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
WTG Shawn now they are some nice fish and I would had love to catch a flounder like that 3 weeks ago. Thanks for the report and very nice pic’s. Hey you look like Indiana Jones with that hat you have on. :thumbup: Give me a call if you get out today and let me know how you made out. Still up in the air about this Saturday.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Nice going Shawn. Looks like the force was with you on this trip.

The closet star wars fans are coming out with the tone of this thread and jamies.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Which Jigs

Shawn

Unbelievebale. If that's a bad day, then I need a major lesson, SOON!!!!!

Where are you getting the jigs you use before you doctor them up? I know the ones from BPS have been questionable (The ones I bought 2 years ago were just flat out wrong) in terms of weight. I'm headed there today with a digital scale.

Chris
19' Renken "Double Trouble"

·
Registered
355 Posts
Shawn;

I Picked up some large purple BKDs on your recommendation at All tackle last week. Let me know the next time your having dinner at Deep Creek. I need a few minutes with the Jedi master. ;-)

Nice going as always. Looking foward to seeing you out in the evening by the bridge. Unable to find crew for firday, so I might try some LTF by myself. Let me know if your going out

"Luke.....use the force....." :D

·
Registered
859 Posts
Nice going Shawn....those candies could be pivotal this weekend....bummer its getting tougher out there, but I guess all goods things usually come to an end someway or somehow....

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Dang!a flounder, almost forgot what they look like:cool:Hope those jigs arnt copyrighted
I made a few corns myself.Going to call em Kimbro Korn :D
Nice going Shawn.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chris Y. - I mostly use either 7 inch bass assassins or 10 inch BKDs but I've been experimenting with some alternative soft plastics too.
Chris (Done Working) - It really was a bad day. We had at least 4 more drag screamers hooked up but didn't land them. We probably had 15 fish total. As for the jigs, we pour them. I use a Do It mold which is modified slightly with a dremel tool. Those pictured are 2 ounce but it also makes 1 and 1.5.
Jumbo1 - I think the best comment here is "no comment!" I look forward to big fish pics from you tonight.
Hedjug - I agree. My best day flounder fishing was in Eastern Bay last fall using stingsilvers tipped with pork rind. Now that was fun!
Mickey - I'm sure our paths will cross soon. Wish I could go Friday but I have a Flats trip booked.
Skip - You mean they make bigger rods?
Virgil - It's been awful quiet from your corner of the river lately. I doubt that means you aren't fishing though. More likely you're on the bigguns.
Clancy - Let's hope so!
DirtyFrank - I'm hoping to get Steve to make me a fishing rod that lights up.... wouldn't that be fun!
Roger T - They're trademarked, long as you put a check in the mail everytime you make one we should have nooo problem.
Grandpafish Jr & flemflamman - EYE think you are right!
Reeltor - Aw man, you figured it out. Now I gotta come up with another secret weapon!
TyDog - Heard you jigged up a personal best with "the banished one," last week. Where's the pics man?.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.