Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I launched from SPSP at 5:30A after getting bloodworms, 1 log of chum, and 1 bag of alewives from Anglers.

Our plan was to catch spot for live lining and only use the chum and alewives as a last resort. By 6:30 we had kept a dozen spot that were probably to big for even Skip to use (10"+). We figured we would use them for cut bait so, we headed for Podicory. Once there, the only other boat in sight was a McYacht over by Baltimore Light. With no one else around we started to think maybe we should have went to Hacketts instead. We motored around and ended up anchoring on a "finger" in 21' that dropped down to 27' on 3 sides. This was actually more like off the mouth of the Magothy than it was Podicory Point.

We put out 4 lines baited with a mixture of alewives and spot and an ounce of weight. While waiting we decided to try bottom fishing for spot and hopefully some eating size perch.

Long story short (because I'm tired), we ended up with 4 perch up to 11", 4 catfish up to about 5 lb, 1 - 21" rock, and 10 croaker from 12 - 16.5"!

Chuck

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,133 Posts
Cool deal on the Cats and Croaker - never know what you'll catch in the bay.

10 inch Spot - just right for 30 inch Rock - trust me on this.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
WTG on the 5 species! Nice croaker too! Those 10 inch Spot are good eating size. They are delicious!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts