Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fished on tyler watson's boat with his long time freind Bill, all three maryland boys, arrived at morehead city on thursday 12- 28-06 and splashed the boat and made a track out to the inlet. Left the marina at 0430 with a chart plotter on the blink (thankful for the track) made our way just south and inside of the northwest places and set our spreed out , trolled for a long while, all the time we are hearing of a few boats hooking up at the big ten and little ten. After 4-5 hours, we pick up and run to the outside and spend the rest of the day with one small skippie to show for it.

Sat 12-29-06 start at the big 10/ little 10 in the dark with about 30 boats around. Spent all morning working that area and don't you know, the bite is inside today. After lunch, we ran to almost where we started the day before. found a huge pile of bait, and capt says we are not leaving this bait till nightfall. Worked bait for awhile and a shark bite happens all around us when the port side rigger snaps and 300 to 400 yards of line is ripped off. Clear the lines and the fight is on. Bill fought the fish first, and then me and then tyler showed the big fish no mercy. Within less than an hour, the fish was over the side. The fish was 84" and had a girth of 57" short and fat.

great company, great weather , and lots of fresh tuna.
well worth the long haul from frederick to morehead.
What a way to finish the year!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Great job on the big BF, its good to see them Fredneck boys put a pig on the deck. I know Tyler was after them last season and the BF's won. Congragulations on the catch.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Great Job

I can tell you the Outboards out fished Diesal boats 3 to 1. Great job on working the bait out there. I went threw $300 worth of Floro and countless baits on SHARKS.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
thats odd, we were beiging to wonder if we were going to get hooked up or not, our bite came around 1330 , i wonder if the diesel noise in the shallow water has someting about the hook up ratio?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts