Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Learned a lesson that many of you may already know. Your don't get a chance to save or reuse a tube of this expensive stuff.

Had bought a tube to bed my transducer mount which worked great and only needed a few drops or so. Put it away with the idea of using the rest to fill some screw holes in the foredeck where a trolling motor had been mounted. Covered the back sides of the vertical holes and fetched my 5200. Tube was pliable so I thought I was in good shape until I opened it and tried to squeeze a little out. Wrong!! No way Jose' Was finally able to retrieve enough of the product by drilling out the hardened clog and was able to scrape enough material off the drill bit to complete the job. Wish they sold it in smaller quantities for small jobs.:yes: Ended up wasting the entire remaining tube.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Small tube all the way except for really big jobs.

According to 3M the 5200 cures by reacting to the humidity in the air. To save, try squeezing a little out of small tube and immediately replacing cap. Then seal in a vacuum bag (like Seal a Meal). Haven't tried it yet but heard its awesome.

Bob
Grady 20

1 - 10 of 10 Posts