Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out on flats for soime specks. water was super clear. so clear it was like a vacant flat. nothing anywhere. should i still be getting specks in that water at goodwin island? i didnt even see ay bait. i thought they where here till aout 51. any help??

·
Registered
566 Posts
Try fishing the deeper holes in the river mouths or channels the fish might pop up if the sun is high and the ambient temps are up on the flats other they should be in the deeper parts. I have caught them in 48 degree water around the cbbt

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm fishing the Va E.S. and the same here.... they have vanished out of both creeks I fish, they were on fire just about a week ago

·
Registered
177 Posts
I agree with Speck Hunter - try the deeper holes. The place I was catching them was typical - flat with some grass, with deeper water nearby. Once the water got colder, the fish bunched up at the edge of the deep water. If bait moved into the area, the fish went on the feed.
This is how I caught my 6-8.
I can usually catch a limit or close to a limit of keepers on 4" or 5" grubs, but I thought I would toss Mirrolures and topwaters for the one big bite. I actually caught my biggest on the 4" grub! I did catch a few on the Spook and Mirrolure, but lost more than I caught. When they hit the grub, they're usually hooked for good.
T

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they were coming to the top from for the spook? this trout stuff is fustraiting, drives me crazy, i put so much time into it and it hasent payed off

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Tried on of my watering holes yesterday and not a speck in sight clear water flat sandy bottom with a clear and sunny sky.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was out at Goodwin yesterday myself. We did lose one nice speck at the boat. However, we caught 8 stripers at 20-22 inches and 7 puppy drum. I fished from 11am -4pm. Caught everything 12-2. I also saw other trout swimming in the shallows early, but they seemed lathargic and wouldnt eat.Nice day out there.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we went early still low tide water was about three feet. i have cuaght smaller trout and pups there in aug sep. late sept got alot of 15 " pups. but nothing for a hour or so. so i went to amaco water was 69 saw a school of slot stripers in 3 ft of water for about 30 seconds then lost them. where you fishing bay side of goodwin?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've caught them down to 47 degrees. The thing is that if there is no bait, there won't be any fish either. If they are there they will bite but you might have to work it real slow and the bite will probably come at the warmest part of the day. However, you really don't know what these fish will do:yes: They are tricky:yes:

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Anybody know what effect Porpose have on Specs? Some guys say once they show up the specs move on. I live on Pungoteague Creek, Eastern Shore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts