Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Till open day... Called family and friends. They are all from out of state. The crew is assembled. They look forward to this trip as much as the first day of deer season. I look forward to seeing old friends for the weekend. It will be the only weekend we share all year. Steaks, beer and old war stories we've all heard before will be the order of business Friday night. Everybody traveled and will more than likely turn in early. My fun will be watching the debate over who gets to sleep on the boat. It's often more contested than a candidate debate. Whatever the outcome, luggage is transferred. The victors to the vessel. The losers to the house. They will rise. The engine will fire ( always makes me pucker) and away we go. South is our course. The coffee maker does its thing as the bow punches through the waves and soon the mugs are taken off their hooks. Just about the time they are empty the first jelly bean appears on the fatho. One turns to two, two turns to four and four to eight. Get the boards off the cabin boys lets get to work........

35", 36", slot, I don't care. Family and friends wetting a line together. That's what I care about.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You sir is what family is all about. Would not miss deer or rock fish opening day without my son, and dear friends at my side. This is what I live for. God Bless America!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well said Chilli, so true, it is more than just the catching, if it wasn't, wouldn't have a whole to look forward to after the last few years opening day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts