Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6/16/22 This is hard to believe for me. I found my camera. It was in my car on the right side of where I set to drive. Right out in the open not down under. I think it was the Leprechaun playing a joke on me. I looked everywhere and it was right there. Now I have to cancel my order for the camera I bought on e-bay.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Glad you found your camera. I like the Pentax Optio cameras. In 2003, I bought a Pentax Optio 33WR, one of the first water resistant pocket digital cameras available to the consumer market. I planned to use it on my boat. Many small cameras seem to wear out after a few years, but this little camera keeps on working. Now I take it with me over 200 days a year when fishing on kayaks -- it is on a lanyard around my neck and sits in a shirt pocket. I have taken it underwater on several snorkeling trips over the years. After 19 years, that camera owes me nothing, but it still keeps on taking decent photos. Nearly all the photos I post on this site were taken with that camera.

Camera Digital camera Camera lens Point-and-shoot camera Camera accessory

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andy, I'm glad you found your phone and yes it takes great pictures. Now, get out there and catch some fish, take some pics and post. I'll be waiting.
Vietpimp, I use my phone, Samsung s20.

Mike
Mike, I don't have a phone. Just a camera and GPS. I'm Old school. Not into all the stuff out there .

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
603 Posts
Mike, I don't have a phone. Just a camera and GPS. I'm Old school. Not into all the stuff out there .
You forgot the most important part of your kit Andy, the GREEN BUCKET. :D

• Haha
Reactions: andypat

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
603 Posts
This is the correct way but alas I succumbed to the infinitely long umbilical cord.
I did too 5 years ago. I got a Samsung S8 Active. The thing I like about it is I can block all but who I want to talk to, so if you're not on the list, you're in the bin.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Before my beach and fishing trip bought watertight cell phone holder on amazon and got 2 for $12. I fell surf fishing last year and my waterproof i phone went belly up. Apple store told me read the small print and it appeared my waterproof phone was not covered for water damage. Often I get rained on fishing and this plastic holder is great. I heard about it from a friend who is a kayaker on the Potomac and he was able to call friend for a shoreside pickup during massive thunderstorm. Folks even use these to take shallow underwater pics.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Before my beach and fishing trip bought watertight cell phone holder on amazon and got 2 for $12. I fell surf fishing last year and my waterproof i phone went belly up. Apple store told me read the small print and it appeared my waterproof phone was not covered for water damage. Often I get rained on fishing and this plastic holder is great. I heard about it from a friend who is a kayaker on the Potomac and he was able to call friend for a shoreside pickup during massive thunderstorm. Folks even use these to take shallow underwater pics.
I have one couple years now they are great 👍🏻

·
Registered
682 Posts
You never know in the summer when thunder storms can arrive. Even hiking. I'm glad yours has worked. Price was so low I was unsure. I ruined a prior phone cleaning my swim platform when I slipped on soapy surface and fell in bay. Cell phone unprotected heated like a nuclear reactor which was fun since it was in my shorts pocket.

·
Registered
542 Posts
OtterBox used to make awesome cases in various sizes. Pelican makes some decent cases but not like OtterBox used to. I have one that nicely fits my phone, wallet, keys and a few other items. Totally waterproof and it floats even fully laden. I recently found these and bought one. Design and build quality seem equivalent to the old OtterBox I have.

Cigar Caddy Products - The Smoking Store LLC

·
Registered
542 Posts
My phone sports the defender case and yeah it works for drops other than in water. The boxes are freaking awesome. Had one on the raft during Gauley season a few years back. Took a beating and dousing but all was dry. I did pack it tight so the contents including phone would not bang around. Get one of the humidors, I think you will really like it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts