Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thousands of boats fishing around Bay Bridge today, looked as busy as opening day. Anyone know what's going on out there? Tournament?

·
Premium Member
26,149 Posts
Word got out about big school of Rockfish. It has been moving steadily north.

If you look at the charter boats - many are from Deale / Chesapeake Beach / Tilghman ( all south of bridge 15-20 miles ).

Scary to think these guys are running that far for Rockfish. Common sense they would not if Rock were in their home water area close to dock.

Now add in a perfect weather wise Saturday - all the charters from Rock Hall / Kent Island / western shore fishing their " home waters " - add in few hundred private weekend warriors - you get a total zoo.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Same thing happened last year, same time, just was on the east side last year. Add in a high outgoing tide, full moon, 2 MPH drift and there was all kinds of fun to be had.

Reminded me of fishing the eastern channel in Ocean City.

Chris

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I found plenty of fish last monday. Drove across bridge on saturday and what a zoo. Really no interest in fishing in that mess so hopefully the weekdays arent too crowded.

Hey everyone- I heard the fish moved so far north they went up c&d and into Delaware River so go fish there.

Jokes aside, I hope the bulk of the fish move out of my area because I'd really rather work hard to find fish than spend the summer looking like a parking lot out there.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Fish weekdays, only problem is the weekend warriors will wipe them out! Glad I'm done with the bay til fall, back in the bluewater catching fish that actually fight and not give up once they realize they got some metal in their mouth!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I fished near Issacs light off Grand Bahama island last week for tuna, we saw one other boat who looked like they were headed to Bimini. The birds were there in big groups over a canyon that was 2700 ft also plenty of Frigates. The Tuna both Blackfin and Yellowfin were zoned in on our Cedar plugs and also ate our metal jigs. Chunking with Sardines was the easiest way to catch them, we had acres of Tuna to ourselves.

·
Registered
973 Posts
No twins but look at an albemarle 24.Best decision even made.Run with the big boys while the rest of the mosquito fleet sits at the dock or knocks their fillingsloose..........true story.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts