Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to go Wed morning this past week however I couldn't make it so I went this morning instead. Launched SP at 6 am. Peak of the high tide. Ran out into a navy of boats - Wow! I'm not one to fish in crowds so I carefully ran north well past the fleet. I set up south of Baltimore Light in 35 feet pretty much by myself. Got my slick rolling and 30 mins later bam, bam. Double header. First fish was a healthy, fat 27 into the cooler. Grabbed 2nd rod and fish was still tight and up on the surface. 18" released. Nothing for the next hour or so, then it picked up steady. Kept a 23 and released a few more around the same size. Picked up and ran back to SP around 9:30.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was hoping to go Wed morning this past week however I couldn't make it so I went this morning instead. Launched SP at 6 am. Peak of the high tide. Ran out into a navy of boats - Wow! I'm not one to fish in crowds so I carefully ran north well past the fleet. I set up south of Baltimore Light in 35 feet pretty much by myself. Got my slick rolling and 30 mins later bam, bam. Double header. First fish was a healthy, fat 27 into the cooler. Grabbed 2nd rod and fish was still tight and up on the surface. 18" released. Nothing for the next hour or so, then it picked up steady. Kept a 23 and released a few more around the same size. Picked up and ran back to SP around 9:30.
Man, I knew I should've kept going north. Went out this morning to 84A where they were last week and it was deader than dead. I kept contemplating whether or not to keep going or find my own fish. Well I didn't find squat but bait balls of little bait fish and rays. Great job on the quick limit on a beautiful day out on the bay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts