Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6/20/22 Made the perch run this morning. They were not biting very good. Took me until 10:00 to catch these. I caught them with a albino color plastic pan fish jig, with Shrimp Pro Cure on them. It's pretty neat how the Pro Cure Jell stays on the jig. Even if you don't see it, the smell is still on it. I also caught two 18" rock fish. I probably could have caught more, but I moved away from them. Caught a few on Jerry's Perch Spinner Bait, but not many.
Seafood Fish Marine biology Fish products Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
603 Posts
No 10" and 12" They were only 8" and 9" But I know people that eat that size perch. I do get 10" now and then. I will fillet them for Pat and I.
If they're 8" or above, they come home for dinner, my dinner. For baking I like bigger ones, for tacos or grilling I don't care, small is fine for tacos.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Went out this morning and got 3 channels and a blue on chunks and live lining, with 5 white perch 8 inches plus, and about 20 that we didn't keep that were smaller. Then we went out late this afternoon and evening to chase Rockfish up north but after an hour, decided to come back to where we were in the morning and got another channel, 3 7 inch spot and 24 white perch 8 inches plus. Tried live lining the spot.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Nice job Andy, some days you have to grind it out a little longer. Good to see you can withstand it out there, hopefully that means you're feeling a little better.

Mike

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mike, I am feeling better. It took a log time to get over that bug what ever is was. This cool weather is great fishing weather for me. I do have to stop fishing in the heat. it was 55 degree this morning and no wind. I am making a crappie report right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts