Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6/21/22 Great fishing weather. It was 55 degree this morning. No problem catching crappie this morning. I was done fishing around 8:00 AM. Home at 9:00 AM. All caught with the albino color plastic crappie jig with Shrimp Pro Cure on it. That stuff works.
Bottle Mineral water Bottled water Drinking water Plastic bottle

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nice job on the Crappies. Were you fishing fresh or salt water. The reason I ask is in regards to the Shrimp Pro Cure.

Side note. I like to watch West Angler fishing show and they use Pro Cure most of the time. I've always wonder if it works.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Nice job on the crappie Andy. I believe the Shrimp Pro Cure works, because I too occasionally use a scent. On tough days I will take any advantage given to me.

Mike

·
Registered
15,062 Posts
6/21/22 Great fishing weather. It was 55 degree this morning. No problem catching crappie this morning. I was done fishing around 8:00 AM. Home at 9:00 AM. All caught with the albino color plastic crappie jig with Shrimp Pro Cure on it. That stuff works. View attachment 281880
Andy, There b are many versions of Procure. Do you use this one??
Bottle Liquid Plant Fluid Personal care
Bottle Liquid Plant Fluid Personal care

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job on the Crappies. Were you fishing fresh or salt water. The reason I ask is in regards to the Shrimp Pro Cure.

Side note. I like to watch West Angler fishing show and they use Pro Cure most of the time. I've always wonder if it works.
I caught them in fresh water lake. Did you know there is a 15 crappie limit in fresh water, and no limit in tide water.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is wrong Andy. The Potomac River is tidal and there is a limit of 10..........Gary View attachment 281885
That is wrong Andy. The Potomac River is tidal and there is a limit of 10..........Gary View attachment 281885
Freshwater Seasons, Sizes & Limits

The following tables summarize rules governing the harvest and possession of fish species that anglers commonly catch in Maryland. This summary does not include all regulated species. Full information and updates are available at dsd.state.md.us/comar/comarhome.html

SpeciesMinimum Size LimitsSeasonCreel LimitRemarks
American Eel9 inchesOpen Year RoundDaily—25
Possession—25
Baitfish
(Including Madtoms)
NoneOpen Year RoundDaily—35 in aggregate
Possession—35 in aggregate
Bass (Largemouth and Smallmouth)12 inches or as provided for by
special regulations.
CLOSED
March 1–June 15
Daily—5 in aggregate
Possession—10 in aggregate
Catch and Release is permitted at all times.
CarpNoneOpen Year RoundDaily—15
Possession—30
Chain Pickerel14 inchesOpen Year RoundDaily—5
Possession—10
Channel CatfishNoneOpen Year RoundDaily—5
Possession—10
CrappieNoneOpen Year RoundDaily—15
Possession—30

·
Registered
15,062 Posts
Andy You said there is no limit in tide water. Then you come back with a fresh water chart after I showed you a 10 fish limit in tide water. Are you ok?????............Gary

·
Registered
339 Posts
I caught them in fresh water lake. Did you know there is a 15 crappie limit in fresh water, and no limit in tide water.
Good to know Andy. I will have to give it a try.

Yes, I was aware of the Crappie creel limits in MD. In PA there's a 50 pan fish limit on the lakes I fish. Personally, I think that is excessive. But what do I know???

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Andy You said there is no limit in tide water. Then you come back with a fresh water chart after I showed you a 10 fish limit in tide water. Are you ok?????............Gary
All I know is what I read. There is no limit of how many fish you can keep in tide water in Md. There is a 15 limit of how many you can keep in fresh water lakes and ponds in Md. I know nothing about the Patapsco River Limits. Maybe they have their own limits. I don't know???? Yes I'm OK Gary. Thanks!

·
Registered
15,062 Posts
All I know is what I read. There is no limit of how many fish you can keep in tide water in Md. There is a 15 limit of how many you can keep in fresh water lakes and ponds in Md. I know nothing about the Patapsco River Limits. Maybe they have their own limits. I don't know???? Yes I'm OK Gary. Thanks!
I give up. Your reading comprehension needs work........Gary

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts