2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reserve the date. Plans in the works here:
http://kfs.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2776043174/m/6321081822

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nothing officaial yet, but both the bay bridge and tolley point seem to be producing nice reports. A bit concerned about saturday boat traffic at both locations... thinking an afternoon/evening trip migth help in that department, plus the fishing seems better in the evening if the tide is running.

The paddle from spring river kayaks on spa creek to tolley point looks about 3.5 miles on my crappy map. Truxton Heights park is a bit farther but still doable.

Obviously the bay bridge is very accessible from sandy point, though BB in particular poses boat traffic concerns in my experience.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If Tolley Point is where you want to fish, I've probably got the hookup for an ideal launch point (less than a mile paddle to TP). It will just depend on how many people are gonna show up. A buddy of mine lives in Bay Ridge on the water and will probably let us use is house to park/launch, but there's only so much room to park, so carpooling is recommended.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RedfishBluefish... numbers do not look good at this point. I am planning on going out... maybe one or two others. Are you going? If so, would love to take you up on the launch site.

Josh

·
Registered
302 Posts
Alright, I'll verify that and let you know.

Weather for Saturday is looking pretty iffy right now. Are we shooting for a morning or evening trip?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the non-responsives in both this and my KFS thread must have been consulting the weather gods. I heard we could make up our rain deficit for the year this weekend!

I don't mind a little rain while I'm kayaking, especially if it's warm... but do not fancy getting poured on for hours either. I'm thinking I may, with great reluctance, stay home and get some things done around the house Saturday [sad]

Of course I will read on TF about those who ignored the weather man (who is usually wrong) and slayed 'em, and then I'll be kicking myself.

There's always July... but too we'll have to officially designate the tough day at Belle Grove as the official June trip.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking out my window as I clean the basement - not a drop of rain yet. At this point, I'd have a wet line near some sort of structure on the bay. All I can say is it better start raining hard soon - how can you go from flood watch to rain-less?

My neighbor is watering his lawn with a hose... that should help bring the rain.

Josh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts