Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The water was low and rather murky. I took a canoe out into a creek and fought against the wind for a good 30 minutes. During this time period, I had to re-adjust the canoe after every cast and became very frustrated. I decided to just go against the wind/current and let them take me through the areas I wanted to fish. Due to the low tide, much of the fishy-structures were exposed and the perch where no holding well under most docks. I got rid of the skunk with a 14 inch pickerel. I did find some perch in the far upstream stretch in holes right up against the treelines. I theorized that the perch were holding in the channel/not concentrated. Without a fishfinder, I rely on seeing shoreline structure. I finished the day with 8 perch, with 6 of quality size.

Water Plant Fisherman Terrestrial plant Fish

·
Registered
19 Posts
These torrential thunderstorms have really slowed down the Perching and Crabbing in the river. Was out yesterday afternoon and the creeks were muddy and the river was murky quite a way out. I know it's supposed to rain on Saturday but hopefully it won't completely dump like it has been.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It is very discouraging that the water visibility went from 6 feet in May to 6 inches this week. We are close to setting the monthly record for rain with 10".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts