Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a bit better in terms of catching. I managed to beat the storm that was suppose to come in and managed to fish for 3 hours. I kind of lost count but can say I caught somewhere between 16-20 perch. The water was still lower than desired and kind of murky. However, perch were around.

I came to some theories:

if the water is low, perch are often within 10 yards of where they would have been if the water was higher. ex- tree branch in 1ft of water, perch are hanging out in 2-4ft of water

dock perch are not very aggressive- I must use my Hardnose-made spinner right up against the piling to get hits. On a lot of these hits, they engulf the jig and swim towards me instead of taking off with it.

Even when you think you are out of the strike zone (already 10 yards away from structure), let the lure sink all the way to the bottom and slow roll it.....amazing how many hits I managed to get in the "middle of nowhere."

DSC04759.jpg
one of the larger ones- probably about 11 inches

·
Registered
913 Posts
Fished South River, yesterday, with a friend. Caught about 60 white perch casting toward shoreline and around piers. Fish wanted small, shiny lures or jigs with spinner blades. Enormous amount of YOY fish in the Severn and South Rivers; some are menhaden.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hit some of my favorite spots on the Severn last Saturday....caught lots of perch. No monsters but all healthy and ready to grow.

Ernie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts