Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday my son wanted to do some striper and catfish fishing. We left the Harbor Hospital boat ramp at 5:40am and found calm waters and a high tide as predicted at 505am.
Water Sky Water resources Daytime Watercraft

We hit several of our favorite spot wit no hits so we went to a discharge. When we got there we found plenty of bait-fish splashing everywhere. I knew they were being chased by stripers.
They were not hitting the storm shads so after catching one of the baits, I knew we had to downsize and match the bait. We put on silver mepps and silver rattle traps. That was the trick as we quickly put a 21 and 24 inch in the cooler.
Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Smile
Water Fish hook Fishing bait Bait Vertebrate
Water Boat Shorts Vertebrate Naval architecture
Fin Seafood Grey Fish Electric blue

Time to move on to catch and release catfish. We finished our trip catching 10 yellow catfish,all released for another day.
We saw roughly 40 fountain boats leaving the inner harbor going out past the Key Bridge. They were part of a poker run going on. Pretty neat seeing all the rooster tails behind them from their high rate of speed( my guess 75+ mph. We got back to the dock at 10:30am, had a party to attend.

On Sunday I took my fishing buddy out for stripers and perch. Again we left the dock at 5:40am to a high tide and a SW breeze at 4mph. The water wasn't bad but had a slight ripple/chop. We hit our usual stops and only mamaged to hookup with two 17" fish which were quickly released. The discharge was slightly active with baitfish but no takers.Oh well, lets try for some perch. Even the perch fishing was slow as we only put 15 in the cooler. I did land a nice 24" channel cat which was released.
Sky Jeans Water Cloud Vertebrate
Food Vertebrate Seafood Fish Ingredient

We decided to call it around 11am as it was heating up out there and my 80 year old friend was getting hot. As we got back to the ramp there were two fountain boats there, so I took a few pics with their permission.
Water Boat Sky Watercraft Naval architecture
Water Sky Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Lake Body of water
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Mike

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
On Saturday my son wanted to do some striper and catfish fishing. We left the Harbor Hospital boat ramp at 5:40am and found calm waters and a high tide as predicted at 505am.
View attachment 281924
We hit several of our favorite spot wit no hits so we went to a discharge. When we got there we found plenty of bait-fish splashing everywhere. I knew they were being chased by stripers.
They were not hitting the storm shads so after catching one of the baits, I knew we had to downsize and match the bait. We put on silver mepps and silver rattle traps. That was the trick as we quickly put a 21 and 24 inch in the cooler.
View attachment 281925 View attachment 281928 View attachment 281926 View attachment 281927
Time to move on to catch and release catfish. We finished our trip catching 10 yellow catfish,all released for another day.
We saw roughly 40 fountain boats leaving the inner harbor going out past the Key Bridge. They were part of a poker run going on. Pretty neat seeing all the rooster tails behind them from their high rate of speed( my guess 75+ mph. We got back to the dock at 10:30am, had a party to attend.

On Sunday I took my fishing buddy out for stripers and perch. Again we left the dock at 5:40am to a high tide and a SW breeze at 4mph. The water wasn't bad but had a slight ripple/chop. We hit our usual stops and only mamaged to hookup with two 17" fish which were quickly released. The discharge was slightly active with baitfish but no takers.Oh well, lets try for some perch. Even the perch fishing was slow as we only put 15 in the cooler. I did land a nice 24" channel cat which was released.
View attachment 281929 View attachment 281930
We decided to call it around 11am as it was heating up out there and my 80 year old friend was getting hot. As we got back to the ramp there were two fountain boats there, so I took a few pics with their permission.
View attachment 281931 View attachment 281932 View attachment 281933

Mike
WTG Mike! Them perch look good.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you might need a larger cooler :) those Perch largest seen posted on TF, nice Black Backs
I didn't post this but I had a hit that felt like another cat and I wasn't that focused on reeling it up because once hooked cats don't come off. When I got it to the surface it was a huge perch, definitely over 14". As soon as I hollered to my buddy it's a perch, it was gone. I cussed the rest of the trip, oh well.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice report and pictures. Thanks for sharing. And for the record I'll take your boat over those gas guzzles any day of the week...
I bought this boat in 2014 for $4500. It's a 2000 Seapro super skiff 19' with a 70 Johnson. It has been a great boat, even better since I had the vro pump taken off. I can go where those big boats don't dare. I just have to pick and choose the nicer days on the big water, but most of my time is in the Ptap. I have a great perch spot on the mouth of the Severn as well.

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts