Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a friend who is in his early 60's and wants to get a yak. He is in pretty good shape for his age. He is tall and Skinny with long legs. He has had knee surgery a few times on one of his knees. I am paddling tapon 140. I love the yak but I want this guy to love the sport. So... does anyone have any sugestions about which kayak or length for this guy?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Hey tanner has he tried out yours yet?At least gotten in and out of it which is the hard part for me at age 62.
With haveing had surgery on his knee I would suggest doing that before he invests in one.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
If he can get in and out of it ok put a PFd on him and let em take it for a spin in a pond close to shore to see if he likes it. Pretty sure he will you know what they say about the dark side you should warn him about that.[grin]
Maybe after that he should try paddling othere yaks till he finds the one he likes the best. That would be my 2nd suggestion!
I didn't do that though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.