Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Agree... Rules of the Road was the toughest! You need 90% to pass this section, that is only minus 3 questions. Good luck, by the time you are done you will hear bells whistles in your sleep and see all sortsa shapes and lights aswell!

·
Registered
913 Posts
I just finished taking the course through 3b's captain school ,,,all these guys are right the rules of the road and navigations is the hardest. and also flash cards help alot!
once your done with it you will be sick of it but its one of those things you gotta do. you can buy a coast guard book (navigation rules) white cover, that helped me out alot plus you can keep it on the boat to maintain regulations .
i have noticed that the TWIC card has proved to be a pain in the a**.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
MD Nautical sells the flash cards pre made as well, or you can make them...Also Murphys' study guide has all of the official coast guard questions on every subject,

I just finished my unlimited tonnage license, I used Capt Joes to study and its has everything you need to get through everything the coasties have. Its a CD, and it will work you through every nav problem as well as generate practice tests, the best $50 you can spend.

USCG

·
Registered
2 Posts
For all the USCG questions as well as relevant FCC license exam questions, you can access USCG Exam Prep's databases from original Coast Guard and FCC releases. This would be an easy way to study specifically for the exam outside of all the reference materials you will need. You can access USCG Exam Prep at https://www.uscgexamprep.com as they usually run free trials and free practice questions.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
😂😂😂😂😂

Now that’s funny right there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts