Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my son wants is a dog that will follow him around like the movie " My dog SKIP ". looking for a registerd black lab pup ready around May 30. Anybody know a breeder or have any pups. We have put this off for years but I think we have to get one this year. I even told him I would buy him a 4 wheeler but he said no I want a dog. Thanks in advance, Richard

·
Registered
798 Posts
I am in the same boat. The wife is doing a lot of searching online. I am interested to see any replies. I need a good chocolate that wont break the bank.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
It's amazing how those movie's affect the little ones these days. When i was younger my cousing saw a movie involving a little girl and a monkey. As the story goes my aunt/uncle paid about 10k for the monkey and everything to care for this thing. He lasted about a month before they had to give him up. He wasn't quite the little angel they saw on TV.

Anyways, good luck with your lab purchase. I've got an 8 year old yellow now that gets more christmas presents than i do.

·
Registered
192 Posts
http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/

go here and look around then go down to classified.

All retrievers and pretty much any line or price range you want.

·
Registered
192 Posts
http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/

go here and look around then go down to classified.

All retrievers and pretty much any line or price range you want.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I read "Where the Red Fern Grows" as a kid and fell in love with the idea of training and owning hunting dogs. In the book the boy bought and trained two Red Bone **** Hounds named Big Dan and Little Anne. If you've never read it.......it's a tear jerker.

I ended up with two German Shorthair Pointers that actually own me.....My male does surprisingly well on the boat for a pointer. He's a NAVHDA Shooting Starr dog that Jim Reiser breeds as two speed dogs...i.e. he wouldn't be a field trial dog but makes a great hunting partner and family pet.

Whatever you do, meet the sire and dam and ask for medical records. I spent a little more up front, but I haven't had major medical bills on the back end. I owned a golden retriever growing up and that dog was on more meds than I can remember (back yard breeder). Total cost surpassed the purchase price of both my shorthairs by a long shot.

·
Registered
286 Posts
look up choptank, jason, on tidal fish. he is a good guy with great pups. 240 446 2935
he asked me to put the word out.
good luck and welcome to the lab club. they are the best. mine turned 8 last mon.
-steve

·
Registered
981 Posts
Choptanks won't be ready for about 4 months, his dog and my dog got it done only last weekend, so if it takes, the puppies should be ready for new homes around the beginning of oct.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Best dogs ever. Worth the wait and the $$.

Labs and Golden Retrievers available. Outstanding temperment/good looking/easy to train.

Ask for a pup from Big Marsh Suzy(*****) or Cowboy (stud) if available.

Break Of Dawn Farm & Kennels - Richmond
(804) 795-5933

1 - 12 of 12 Posts