Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple guys fished all night in front of the deep bottom ramp (in a boat) and landed about a 65 lb'r. Sadly it was in a cooler, not sure why they kept it. If there is gonna be any records broke or a future fish like that need to be released. I did manage to get them to let me get a quick pic.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nothing good about keeping that monster. Not good eatin or nothin. Wish it was let go to let it hit my line just down river tonight. Not much luck. Spawn must be creepin on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Fish has bigger brain than that fisherman.[grin]

Don't insult ******** that way; that guy is just a dumbdumb.

[grin]

Maybe he'll eat it and the rest of the Kepone contaminated catfish will be safe from him[angel]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Uggggggghhhhhh!![sad]

That is so fustrating to see! That fish was probably less than 5 years form being the new record, if it had lived.

All we can do is try to continue to spread the CPR word the best we can.

I hope folks like that are a very small percentage of catfishermen on the James.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
Sorry for insulting ******** - that was just wrong of me. But it turns out this this fellow's name is Snuffy Smith and he's from Hootin' Holler, VA. They just don't know any better up there. He can't even spell CPR.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I believe those are the guys that hired Jimmy Weir in the past. They talk catch and release to me at the ramp. I guess they meant "release in grease"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts