Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to come home with tales of great conquest but it was not to be. The wind picked up just as we were launching which made for a FUN ride across The Little Choptank, NOT. Pulled up on the spot my friends caught Specks yesterday and they wanted NOTHING to do with mummichogs, soft crab or topwater lures. I even threw a handful at them in hopes it would get them worked up and they looked over their shoulders and gave M and I the finger. I've used this before on a slack tide in NC to stir them up and it worked well. No fish at Stinky pier and damn few in other places, needless to say we're done with The Little Choptank for a while. We ended up with 1 Oyster toad and 10 perch which were a decent size and fat. Tomorrow we'll be back on the Choptank, we're gonna run up to Dover bridge and see if we can get into anything.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I was hoping to come home with tales of great conquest but it was not to be. The wind picked up just as we were launching which made for a FUN ride across The Little Choptank, NOT. Pulled up on the spot my friends caught Specks yesterday and they wanted NOTHING to do with mummichogs, soft crab or topwater lures. I even threw a handful at them in hopes it would get them worked up and they looked over their shoulders and gave M and I the finger. I've used this before on a slack tide in NC to stir them up and it worked well. No fish at Stinky pier and damn few in other places, needless to say we're done with The Little Choptank for a while. We ended up with 1 Oyster toad and 10 perch which were a decent size and fat. Tomorrow we'll be back on the Choptank, we're gonna run up to Dover bridge and see if we can get into anything.
Rob, have you ever fished the Tred Avon river?

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rob, have you ever fished the Tred Avon river?
No, but we've been thinking about it Andy. We were gonna hit Dover tomorrow, the wind is supposed to be 10-15 with 25mph gusts. In a 16' Jon boat that's no bueno in more open waters. We have to pick and choose our battles. Might see you at the bridge tomorrow if the perch are biting. Oh yeah, I even rigged up a green head Beetle Spin and that's what got most of the perch today. Like I said, I'm done with the Wee for a while.

• Haha
Reactions: andypat

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now it looks like thunderstorms may throw a monkey wrench into the works this morning. Don't care, going fishing, DAMN THE TORPEDOES FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts