Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No clouds and only heat made for tough start. Fished with a nailed fluke and thought the fish might break cover to eat such a delicious looking lure. But did not happen till mid evening. Then we got into them,,,big ones only. Maybe two or three dinks but the rest of the dozen LGMouth where big. Finished up with some POP-R's over flooded grass. Big cell coming in so we headed for the ramp before dark. No repeat of the night before for us.

Capt Mike

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
I guess Bass are better than nothing . How many Snakeheads did you used to catch in the early days before they started shooting them?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would do about 25 trips in the three month season and land about 40 snakeheads back in the beginning. Now I do 55 trips per season and land about 40. The wacking with the bow and arrow has reduced my catch rate of snakeheads.
Also the LGMouth have changed feeding habits and are munching down the snakehead also. But bigger LGMouth is not a bad thing. Nothing worse than a pesky 5lb LGMouth toilet flush a toad. (insert tongue in cheek)

Capt Mike

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
The Jacklighters get about half as many as they used to according to DNR report . You go back to catching mostly Bass and they go back to shooting mostly
Carp. I think they shot themselves in the
foot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts