Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a day, this is what we've been searching for since spring. Launched about 0700 and were headed to the bridge when I spied a rock pile. The wind was HOWLING 15+mph. Deployed the first anchor and it didn't hold, deployed #2 and it held. Lesson learned, bring the big anchor. 1st cast, WHAM I got hit, thought it was a rock, see the first pic. Ended the day with 2 nice cats and 24 White perch from 11.25" down, a couple got gut hooked so they stayed for tacos. :p Look at what I also found in that first White perch. All of mine we caught on silver minnie or perch ribs or on an Beetle Spin with a green head.

Attachments

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You did good Rob. Did you catch them in Cabin Creek?
Near there. I think we might have inadvertently stumbled onto one of your spots, lol.

Reactions: andypat

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice job Uncle Rob. You just inspired me to make fish taco's. Hope you enjoy yours.

Thanks for posting.
Tomorrow is taco night, tonight was Greek fish pitas, they were delicious. The catfish in the middle was for the pups.
Wood Brick Font Pattern Soil

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You work hard for them. Glad you had a good day.
We actually fished your creek Friday with a little luck. I don't know what's happened to The Little Choptank this year.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great report! That perch had a nice spot in its belly and was still hungry for more! Very cool. I have caught some dandy perch on 4 inch paddletails before.
The worst part is I threw back all of the jumbo minnows. Lesson learned, keep the big ones. We're also adding a third minnow bucket to the arsenal because M went though about 70 minnows yesterday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts