Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with my brother and a really great friend on the TOP DOG we met him at his boat at 6 were launched at 645am headed south towards the bb when we got a good ways out we put 7 rods out in the 30'-40' range trolled the channel edges for a while with a bunch of hits and marking like crazy but no pulls so we decided to bring the lines up a little bit and head east almost right away we were getting hits left and right then we get the first pull were super excited my brother fights its saying "it's a nice one" brings it all the way in it was a rock literally a rock :hysterical:lol we were laughing but pissed at the same time so we put the line back out marked a huge school rod goes off get it in its a nice 25" rock fish so few minutes later we get another pull nice healthy 22" rockfish so were cruising alot when bam bam bam bam bam 5 of the 7 rods go off:popcorn: we were In a feeding frenzy so we work the next 4 in all ranging in the low to mid 20's very nice healthy fish we released the last one we had on alive and well he was lip hooked. So we pulled the lines in and headed back to dock just in time to beat the ridiculous down pour all in all or was an awesome day with my brother and a great friend what made it the best was it was my brothers first rockfish had an awesome day and can't wait to get back out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
nice job. i have seen alot of boat trolling this year with spinning rods.

last year we did well trolling with spinning rods in the river.

it must be fun to hook up with a bunch of fish at once

i remember when i was small, around 6 or 7 we were on a friends boat pulling 12 tony spoons behind inline weights and all 12 went off at once with nice fat 20-25 inch blues and it sure was khaos :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nice catch I saw the Top Dog (Frank) headed south I was headed back north I have got a boat limit the last 3 days straight. Very nice summer fish.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I like to keep my spinning rods for jigging and livelining. It was a blast when they all jumped on it really was chaos cause your watching all the rods bouncing and there is no better feeling mostly every fish took the lure to his a** hole lol they were definately hungry ill tell you that well good luck out there and be safe all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts