Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing with my father up to Cunningham Falls in Thurmont, MD. We got on the water around 6am. Fished around to the left of the launch ramp at first, and didn't have any luck. We worked our way around to the point near the rental boat docks, and caught one on a leverage buzzbait. Skipped over to the shoreline on the other side of the cove and caught 4 or 5 more on buzzbaits.

Caught one on a walk-the-dog cigar shaped bait near the dam. Around 8 or 8:30 we decided to go back over near the boat dock and beaches. We threw Strike King Zulu's in a few different colors for about an hour over the weedbed between the dock and beach.

We caught 10-12 largemouth in this spot. The area is probably not any bigger than 30 x 40, but it was loaded. Our biggest fish was around 3lbs, most were 12-16 inches. We decided to give those fish a break and try another weedbed next to the other beach, and found some more bass. I think we only caught 2 or 3 there, but missed a couple and broke one or 2 off in the grass. We left this spot as people started arriving at the beaches. They don't let you fish in there when there are people in the water.

We didn't get any more hits after leaving this spot, it was getting warm, the sun was getting higher, and we didn't want to slow down our presentations. Around 10 am, my wife and kids arrived, and we took my 3yo son out on the boat. We didn't find any bass for him, but he likes being out there with us. Finished off playing in the water at the beach with the kids.

It was a great day off.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Thanks for the great report! Sounds like you guys had a great family day on the water. Keep the reports coming. Lately I've been pretty busy fishing offshore but when I get time I visit the sweetwater. I guess the water was pretty clear huh?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sounds like a great day out with pops. Great job on finding the fish.I have been in Georgia catching spotted bass and they put up a good fight also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts