Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We launched at 0630 and headed north to 2 spots we didn't get to yesterday. Not much of a bite at first, then the tide turned and the perch turned on like a school of piranha. Didn't matter what we threw at them, they took it. I got 2 White cats, 2 Rock that were tagged and released, 1 19" and a 26". When they moved in, we moved, they were feeding all around us on Bunker. They drove them to the shoreline and decimated them. One thing I did notice today is that the water cooled 2 degrees from yesterday from 84-85 down to 82-83. Take a look at the intestinal contents of the Blue cat, small clams.
Food Ingredient Plant Gesture Sculpture

Totals-
Blue cat- 1
White cats- 2
Channel cat- 1
White Perch- 26
Food Seafood Ingredient Animal product Fish
Food Seafood Ingredient Animal product Fish
Food Seafood Ingredient Fish Cuisine
Food Vertebrate Seafood Ingredient Dish

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir, they were a nice grade of perch. I hope the Rock are still there next week so I can get 2 for my folks. I'm also going to take 2 frogs to see if I can entice that snakehead to take it. He wants nothing to do with minnows under a bobber or one of my topwater lures. Plus, where it is is difficult to cast into as well as it being snag city.

Reactions: Choptank River

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Yes sir, they were a nice grade of perch. I hope the Rock are still there next week so I can get 2 for my folks. I'm also going to take 2 frogs to see if I can entice that snakehead to take it. He wants nothing to do with minnows under a bobber or one of my topwater lures. Plus, where it is is difficult to cast into as well as it being snag city.
Good luck with the snakehead. I know you will get the rock and white perch. Looking forward for your report. I'm going right now to see if I can catch them bass and crappie at the lake.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
The creek I hail from has 300 boats coming in and out all day long, especially on weekends, and everyone is drunk. You think im worried about tossing a goldfish?
I’m not even moving if the rockfish start biting. I can’t control what bites my hook and a judge will eventually agree

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't get caught using them.
You have a link? If it's not legal, I won't use them, but I never saw anything when I was looking. Might have to send an email to the DNR.

·
Registered
12,039 Posts
Does it mean that much to you to see your name posted as top contributor of the month to keep posting every 5 minutes, even if the post is meaningless?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I also think it’s funny that you’re trying to post regulations to using bait in fear being invasive, to catch an invasive fish that you release. Or, are you just afraid that they really do work?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts