Tidal Fish Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks for the report and pictures UncleRob. Always enjoy them.

Gary, does that look like clam shells in the stomach? Just the other day you were telling me that's what you were finding in their stomach.
It is indeed clams in its stomach. 3 came out when M sqeezed it.

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Thanks for the report and pictures UncleRob. Always enjoy them.

Gary, does that look like clam shells in the stomach? Just the other day you were telling me that's what you were finding in their stomach.
They are small clams and I find them in almost every bluecat stomach. That is about the only thing you can identify unless it was just eaten. Their stomach acids digest their food quick. We use DNA testing in our studies. We just had our annual meetings..........Gary

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
I thought someone said on this board awhile back that bluecats rarely feed on bottom were toxins can b found. I never believed it but someone did can’t remember who
Bluecats feed in all columns of the water table. As they grow bigger they prefer to eat fish but will eat anything available. There are some types of catfish that are solely bottom feeders.......Gary

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
A catfish is a garbage can with fins. Sharks can't hold a candle to their aggressiveness when feeding.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts