Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My two sons & I braved the weather today and decided to go fishing. After a fine meal at Denny's in Cambridge we headed to our favorite place, Hooper's Isl. We finally launched off the isl at 1000 and set sails South to the mouth of the Potomac River. We started at buoy 72 & headed South to 70. We had all lines in the drink by 1045. SLOW day to say the least. At 1430 we hit pay dirt. Russell worked the rod & Kiel did the dipping. A fine 39" - 27# rockfish joined us in the boat. Winds picked up and it was getting rough and cold, I mean COLDER! We fished until 1600 and decided to head for the ramp. Great day was had by all!

Ho Ho Ho!

fishlegs....

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Good work. Our day was very similar--in the same area. One fish from 8am to about 1pm. BTW, what'd you think 'bout those navy "tests"??? :eek2::eek2:

·
Registered
315 Posts
AWLSOME..! The first time all three of us ducked. The double boom was cool! We fish that area quite abit and that is the first I heard the boys break the barrier.L

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
for the first one I was dozing off and jumped 8 feet in the air like a scared 5 year old girl!
That wasnt the only time you jumped 8 feet in the air...:D:D:D

Nice report FishLegs... it certainly was a chilly one out there!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
The canvas enclosure on my boat buckled with the sonic boom............thought I was meeting my maker. We were just south of you 70-68 area and didn't see much bait nor did we catch a fish.............el skunko and el freezing. Congrats on getting a nice fish. I guess we should have gone further south.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Beautiful Fish/Great Report!! I just can't belive you had a GOOD breakfast at Denny's:eek2: Merry Christmas

·
Registered
315 Posts
dadsdayoff2, HaHaHa, that's some funny stuff right there! fishfool2, as my sons get older (me too) it's gets harder to get all three of us together. They both fish & hunt alot on their own but I try to arrange trips in the spring & fall with both boys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts