Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are real life highway rules. This is what works, this is how traffic/accidents are avoided.

#1-75/65/55 are the minimum speeds on the freeway. 75 left lane, 55 right lane. You don't like it, stay off of the friggin road. When this is not followed, the roadway gets all plugged up. If you don't believe this, just look at what is going on when a cop is in the fast lane doing the limit.

#2-If you have a bunch of cars behind you & none in front, YOU are going to slow. Speed up or pull over. YOU are the cause for all of the weaving & bobbing from lane to lane. They are trying to get around YOU.

#3-If rules #1 &#2 are being followed, stay in your lane & drive like a normal person. Don't bop all over the place.

#3-Merge. Every other car. Wait your turn, don't zoom ahead & stuff the lane. MATCH the speed of traffic, even if its 80. Leave room for someone to get in. It only takes one fool to slow the traffic down for the entire morning.

You are not the speed keeper of the highway. If someone wants to pass, pull over & let them go buy.

In turn, if you the person in front of you is going the speed of traffic, stay off of his arse. Only tailgate a speed keeper.

I drive 50-60k per year, 95% freeway. These rules work.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
[Q]hedjug originally wrote:
Only tailgate a speed keeper.
[/Q]Mostly good advice, except this part. Two idiots instead of one doesn't help anything.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I like to set my cruise at a couple miles under the limit. Ride the middle lane and just watch everyone jockey. My right. Or you could stay home.

Dayton

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
[Q]captaingeorge originally wrote:
Only tailgate a speed keeper.
[/Q]Mostly good advice, except this part. Two idiots instead of one doesn't help anything.
[/Q]

Hey Capt'n how'd you know I was out there[grin]

Tony

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[Q]RANGER690 originally wrote:
I like to set my cruise at a couple miles under the limit. Ride the middle lane and just watch everyone jockey. My right. Or you could stay home.

Dayton
[/Q]

Yup, it's your right. But just know that you are causing much of the traffic & a bunch of the accidents.

·
Registered
474 Posts
i save all my banana peals, when an idiot on the road pi$$es me off, i drive on front of the guy and throw banana peals.
pretty neat to watch him slide and slip all over the place,

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Thats funny. The few people obeying the law are causing the problems. Cool.

As my dad taught me when I started driving. It is the speed LIMIT. That is the most, by law, you can ever drive. Under the most ideal conditions, that is the MAX. No traffic, no sun in your eyes, no rain, clean and straight road. All other conditions, you should reduce your speed and keep a good distance between vehicles. With my speed set at about 54 mph, I don't have to worry about tailgating anyone in front of me. Or a ticket. Just smile as the idiots go around me.

I love it when my cruise is set to same as the guy in the right lane. Just love it.

Dayton

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
-Yes, you are causing problems following the law(and you seem to know it).
-Yes the people are breaking the law & acting like idiots when they weave & bob. Thats not the point. If everone drives a certain way, they won't have to weave & bob.
-If you wanna drive 55 or slower, stay right. No problem.

The limit is wrong & the law needs to change. A bunch of college students just proved that a few months ago. They decided to get 4 cars & take up all lanes doing 55 during rush hour. The results were a mess. Traffic was snarled for hours, side streets & on ramps were all backed up. Traffic could not clear & all kinds of **** happened.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Gotta go with Ranger on this one. It's not your right to pick and choose which laws to follow based on whether you like them, or not. I hope you're not raising your kids that way.[sad]

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[Q]captaingeorge originally wrote:
Gotta go with Ranger on this one. It's not your right to pick and choose which laws to follow based on whether you like them, or not. I hope you're not raising your kids that way.[sad]
[/Q]

My kids are fine, so don't you worry bout that. But, some laws are just plain ole outdated & need to be changed with the times. 55 just does not work for current rush hour traffic conditions on our nations freeways.Cars, highways & traffic are a bit different then when your pappy taught you how to drive the Model T.

As for what traffic laws to obey, I drive like the cops do.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Nope, never drove a Model T. Doubt my pappy did either.[smile]
He did, however, raise me to be a law-abiding citizen and never said it was okay to ignore any law I didn't like.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
The B.S. is getting thick.
[/Q]So is the traffic. Better put your criminal, non-law-abiding a$$ in your truck and start headin' home.[smile]

·
Registered
474 Posts
sometimes i stop my car at those make shift memorials on the side of the road and pray for our fallen motorist.

i only hold traffic up for a short while.

some times when a really hot chick drives by or a slow driving woman.

i hold up my hand, displaying the Volcan handshake(2 fingers on each side in a v), and stick my toungue thru the V and move it up and down real fast, that makes the chicks speed up.

sometimes they tell me I'm number 1 by holding up a finger.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I like when you get the trafic weaver and I get beside another car so they can't get by. Then I speed up and slow down and watch the guy jump back and forth from one lane to the next.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Looks like 4 college students proved everyone behind them were speeders. That is all.

Traffic would never back up if no one went over the limit. Impossible. As you merge on, you make sure you have a safe distance in front and behind, then safely merge. The car already on the highway is traveling the limit. As you accelerate up to the limit, the gap widens. When you acheive the speed limit, the gap would remain fixed. Unless you speed.

If that is too difficult to understand try this. Next time you are at the checkout stand. Get the conveyor belt moving, place an item on it, then another, then another. Be amazed! The one behind can't tailgate unless he goes faster than the belt. Simple.

If you need a visual, i can scribble something up in paintbrush for ya.

Dayton

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
[Q]RANGER690 originally wrote:
If you need a visual, i can scribble something up in paintbrush for ya.
[/Q]Go ahead. Scribble something up.[smile]

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Really? You are calling me out? I don't draw very well, I was really just trying to be a jerk on the internet. You gotta go with your strengths!

Dayton

1 - 20 of 45 Posts